Tweet Tweet! Such a lovely sound to wake up to in the mornings! These sweet little birds make the morning gloom go away with their happy twitter and chatter! Off late, I no longer hear these birdies but something similar... Yes, the twitter – social media site that is oh! so popular and why not?
Initially I regarded this to just be an opinion maker’s forum but slowly have been realizing what a powerful tool it has become in today’s business. Let’s just check some of the basic facts this site proffers for a business entity:
- Access to NOW - It gives you first hand information on what’s happening right now in your business world. Keep abreast of competitors and their latest news. This appears as your feed on your home page. For more 'now' information you can activate notifications of particular persons/pages that you want to follow.
- Connection – Gives you ample possibility to keep in connection with all your customers – what’s more, even those who do not follow you can still read and be up-to-date on what you are 'talking' about. This also means you can provide on-time services to your customers! Bonus!!!
P.S: You can either search for known names to follow or connect with options suggested by the twitter site (going by the profiles you have already followed, the site suggests similar profiles for you to follow). You can also follow trends and keep yourself updated.
- Brand Awareness – Regular communication and intelligent marketing plan can ensure an increased awareness to your product/brand thereby earning you clientele! Being active on trending topics/profiles and regulating your tweets will help people know your updates as and when you tweet, thereby creating a curiosity of your brand.
- Create Moments – (now though this in itself is a big topic to discuss, I'll just give you an overview of it) – You can create a collection of tweets on a particular event or a topic – this can span over a period of time to create awareness, sustain interest and ultimately benefit both you and your customers! Wow, talk about multi-specialties!!!
- Relevant Information and Trending – By adding hashtags (stay tuned for my next blog on the details of this seemingly innocent symbol!) of relevant keywords, you can direct eye-balls to what you are saying. How easy is that!
That’s pretty much the basics; however, there are these building blocks of Twitter which one must diligently follow to achieve maximum benefits;
a) Tweet – This is a message, post, update which contains relevant text, pictures, links or videos. Remember apart from the link you have 160 character limit for this – So make a power-packed punchy and interesting text to make sure of that attention.
b) Respond – Reply or like or re-tweet! Ensure you are active and your response is relevant.
c) Attention – Just like how you tag someone on Facebook, you can mention someone in your tweet or response to get their attention to the tweet.
d) Hashtag – repeating this but this is very important. Apart from putting keywords to make the tweet/topic appear in the search engine, the most hashtagged words become trending topics by which you can invite discussions, debate and do much more! ###
There is a lot more you can do with twitter, but that’s for another day...err... blog!!! Let me know if this has helped you in some way or the other or if you would like me to touch upon some other topic, I will be glad to.