We all talk about how social media is affecting lives – some positive and some not. But for sure we know today – very numbered few have the patience to go through a website; especially a service providing one. Why you may ask? Simple, we are spoilt by choices of having to pick our interest via an app or notification on our social media sites! This is the VERY reason why your business should:
a) Be out there on all important social media platforms promoting your business/brand
b) Integrate Plugins of these affiliations on your website
Together social media and your website should work seamlessly (and tirelessly) to promote, market and sustain your brand. It is like a two-way window where one follows the other and vice-versa – meaning, your social media pages link to your website and your site hosts click-on buttons of your social media pages. Come on, you know that it is always better, easier and has longer attention when there are pictures, videos, audios or articles in line with your information.
Here are few more reasons why you should integrate Plugins -
- Apart from increasing followers or fans for your brand, you can keep them updated on the latest - be it news, products, etc., just by adding a Social Share button (as they are called) next to the information
- It generally creates more traffic to your site, making it a viable option to have high SEO rankings (i.e., your site can pop-up on the first page of Google when searched for certain keywords)
- Your potential customers/clients can leave you queries or have discussions (once posted on the site, you could carry them over to your social media page to create an open discussion - again this will gain you more followers! Hmm, interesting loop isn’t it?)
How to integrate Plugins?
Step 1 - Create Plugin(s) of the social media channels you want your customers to be directed towards (my tip – get this done from a good image writer, don’t copy paste the logo/icon but create new image of the said social media)
Step 2 - Hyperlink the icons/buttons to lead the viewer to your respective social media channels
Step 3 – Keep an eye on the ever changing (social media) logo/design of the icons and change them accordingly in your site
Step 4 - Simple as that! But there are other ways to 'jazz it up' a little so that you can make full use of the potential this feature has to offer: Like -
- Include a twitter feed on your homepage for a more 'live' action feel
- Add the social share buttons on blog posts, pictures (maybe to Instagram/Pinterest) and videos (to any platform)
- Allow viewers to login from the sites via their respective social media accounts
By no means is this an exhaustive list. There is so much more you can do with social media as is, getting them to link with your site does marvellous wonders to your business/brand.
Try it, experiment with it, add your own spark to it and don’t forget to let me know how it changed your positioning as a brand.